Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Wiki

I just thought that with my wiki I could have my students collaborate on their country project. I have 3 8th grade classes and each class is collaborating on 1 country. They each have a part to contribute about the country (music, attire, fast facts, culture etc.). I am having them all bring the info in, but I think it would be better managed if they all just contributed to the wiki! I got this idea viewing Sara L.'s blog while I was leaving her a comment. Woo-hoo!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your sections to the side of your wiki that give the kids some extra resources (I think I might steal this idea from you ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    Great idea having your student post to the Wiki site. How is it going so far for them? Were your students already familiar with collaborative learning?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't started working with my students on the wiki yet. I think it's going to be one of those things I start the year off with next year. I am so far behind since trying a new technology project with them this year. Using the technology is great, minus the SLOW speeds they perform at, not to mention the various network problems!

    ReplyDelete